I believe it's essential for all of us to address and resolve our aches, pains, and stresses so that we can enjoy a full and active life at any age. As I see it, part of my professional role is to share my knowledge so that you are informed and empowered to practice good self-care daily. My ultimate goal is for you to say, "I never knew I could feel this GOOD!"
As a licensed massage and bodywork therapist (NC license #4309), I am passionately dedicated to my clients' wellbeing. Since graduating from the NC School of Natural Healing in 2003, I have completed hundreds of additional hours of training and continuing education in a wide range of techniques and healing modalities.
A few highlights of my professional achievements and ongoing professional education include:
- board certification in therapeutic massage and bodywork (NCBTMB #396441-00);
- becoming a Reiki Master and Nia white belt instructor;
- certification in lymphatic detoxification and drainage;
- numerous courses in acupressure, craniosacral therapy, Chinese medical massage, Thai foot massage, the brain-gut connection, Zen facial massage, and methods for calming the overactive brain;
- specific treatments for TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders, fibromyalgia, sciatica, and conditions of the knee, hip, neck, and low back.
I came to this healing work following a career in property management, real estate sales, and stock sales for a development company in Florida. In midlife, when a family illness brought me to the mountains of western NC, I knew I had another calling. Instead of sales, I chose service. In lieu of a fast-paced, high-pressure lifestyle, I chose to slow down and devote my energies to helping and healing. It continues to be my great privilege to play an integral part in the wellness journeys of my clients.